The 10th General Assembly is less than a month away and there are many micro details that are not part of the event but are still fairly important.
We have put together almost all the questions you had about the venue, the transport, the programmes and much more.
The 10GA App
The 10GA app is available for download in the App Store & Google Play, and it allows you to plan, organise and communicate with fellow attendees. Everything you need, from live activity streams to the full programme of courses, Breakfast Sessions, speakers and sponsors is all available in the palm of your hand.
Safety and Security
Do read up on the safety and security instructions before you make travel plans.
Delegates are responsible for their own accommodations. However please note that the standard time at all hotels for check in is 15:00 and for check out is 12:00.
For any accommodation support or accommodation confirmation letters contact: Denese Govender (+27 (0)31 764 0143 / email@example.com).
For delegates attending the GA, the shuttle buses will be running from the airport to the official hotels and from the hotels to the Assembly venue / Opening Ceremony/ Gala Dinner venue. The information on departure times and dates can be checked out here.
If you require support on transfers outside of the above hours please contact: AquaTours firstname.lastname@example.org / +27 (0) 31 563 5003 or use an Uber.
Travel Safety Guidelines
The delegates intending to travel in and around Durban can go through the Travellers Tips & Safety Advice Booklet provided by the Durban Convention Bureau.
10GA Events and Guidelines
Registration / Name Badges
- All the delegates are required to wear badges during the entire event. The registration for the delegates will open at 14:00 on Thursday 27th October (exhibitors will be let in 12:00-14:00).
- The badges shall feature the information entered during registration.
- Name on badge: from system
- Organisation on badge: from system
- The above will be displayed unless you advise alternatively before 13 October by emailing email@example.com
- Delegates who have registered but have not processed outstanding payments before 14th October will automatically be transferred to on onsite rates.
- Providing the passport details are a must, pending which the entry to the 10GA on the 27 October cannot be guaranteed.
For any query regarding registrations please email: Eva Natcheva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WiFi at the Venue
The Durban ICC offers complimentary WIFI throughout the centre and the WIFI password is: durban1cc. Since it is a public Wi-Fi service, the speed could vary depending on the number of users.
The 10GA includes opportunities for delegates to earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points valid for optometry professionals in the United Kingdom and South Africa – please read more here
- The Professional Registration number provided during your registration will appear on the badge (it will appear empty if no number provided).
- If you would like to add/amend your number, please log back into your registration using the details below:
- 10GA Modify Registration Website
- Reference number: from system
- Email address: from system
For the opening ceremony taking place on the 27th October there will be a security check and the dress code is business casual.
The gala dinner on the 28th October will be held at the Durban Botanic Gardens. The theme is ‘Elegant Africa’ so delegates are encouraged to dress accordingly. Consequently, beaded jewellery can be purchased in the 10GA Exhibition hall during the conference dates. In terms of travel, there will be transfers organised to and from the venue that can be seen here.
Information at the 10GA
Maximize Your Time (MYT Events) will be at the 10GA assisting with any logistical questions.
They can be contacted on the Help Desk on Thursday 27th October (located close to the main entrance and registration area) and the Information Desk on Friday 28th – Sunday 30th (located just outside the Exhibitor area).